Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ms. LIS into the Future!

Syracuse University Seal
So, it's been a little while since my last post. Here's a little disclosure. I started this blog as an application to a Library Science scholarship at Syracuse University. I didn't get that scholarship, but I got a different one, which is still pretty great.
I've decided that despite not getting dolla dolla bills for the creation of this blog, I'm still going to try to keep it going, because:

1. It may keep me focused on my academic goals, keep me curious enough to explore additional information about librarianship, and give me an opportunity to vent or seek support when the going gets tough.

2. It will be good writing practice. My chops could use a little work.

3. Last, but not least, a very good friend of mine donated a lot of time and energy to make it beautiful, so it's a shame to let all that talent and generosity go to waste!

I'm going to aim to add at least one post a week. New York City has been rife with political issues surrounding the Queens, New York and Brooklyn Public Library systems. (Seriously, guys, speak up and let the politicians know we need our libraries.) I also started my first graduate class on Monday, so material should be slightly easier to come by. My current class is called Literacy through School Libraries, so I'm jumping into my school media certification requirements head first. Stay tuned, and thanks for coming along with me!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment